This week we received our inventory of lucite stems ; over 12,000 to count sort and put away ! I didn't get to make a pipe until Friday. By the I had accumulated a weeks worth of special orders and ideas to do. The result is below. The top pipe is a design supplied by a customer based on my standard Rhodesian. He wanted a slightly shorter shank and a flared stem.
The second pipe is a SO from the Tinsky Custom Pipe Page gratefully maintained by Greg Sprinkle. Its a copy of a bent freehand spiral I did a few years ago for Jake Kurdsjuk.
The third fourth and fifth pipes are more experimentation in shank/stem connection. The dublin has an inset ferrule and a stem inset into that. The fourth pipe has a rounded over shank end that flows into the stem. The fifth has a flared shank end with a traditional military fitment.
The last pipe is a stacked lovat, a shape I like. I found a block I thought would suit the shape.